COVID-19 ADVICE

COVID-19 ADVICE: The following links provide official advice and information about the virus known as COVID-19.
Australia's state and federal governments are taking action to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Use the links above to source the latest advice about what you can do to protect yourself and others. Washing your hands for 20 seconds is one of the most effective forms of infection control. Do this after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing; after close physical contact with anyone who is unwell; after using the toilet; before and after eating; before, during and after preparing food; and after feeding or touching a pet.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

News from Ngaire!

SORTING through my late Mum's clothing the other day and having a bit of a chuckle about the very expensive and brand new "do up the front" bras I bought for her earlier this year, I was wondering what to do with them. There were some hardly worn other bras, all in perfectly good condition and I thought perhaps I'd phone Capri and ask them if they had a "recycling" programme. I was listening to ABC Radio the next morning when blow me down if a chap from Bundaberg in Queensland wasn't requesting ladies to send in bras to support a breast cancer project for the McGrath Foundation.

So I got online and read all about it www.citizenswhocare.com.au and that was the answer! The group's effort to break the record of number of bras strung together in 2009 and their plan to then send them off to PNG, Fiji and so on is admirable, so not only did I send Mum's off, I cleaned out my old good (and not so darned good) bras as well and sent them all off to:
CWC
PO Box 7084
Bundaberg North QLD 4670

Mind you, I did send a covering letter to say they were welcome to get rid of the "not so good" once they'd broken the record! Why not have a clean-out yourself for this good cause - it's amazing just how many you can stuff in an Australia Post parcel bag. And my Mum would've loved the idea!
NGAIRE GLOVER

* THANKS to Ngaire for sharing her news about this worthwhile event. What can YOU share with the New Norfolk News?

No comments:

Post a Comment