COVID-19 ADVICE

COVID-19 ADVICE: The following links provide official advice and information about the virus known as COVID-19.
Australia's state and federal governments are taking action to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Use the links above to source the latest advice about what you can do to protect yourself and others. Washing your hands for 20 seconds is one of the most effective forms of infection control. Do this after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing; after close physical contact with anyone who is unwell; after using the toilet; before and after eating; before, during and after preparing food; and after feeding or touching a pet.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Statement by Tim Morris

Tim Morris
Final statement from Tim Morris
Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Tasmanian Greens today acknowledged that they had lost the Lyons seat that they had held since taking the seat from the Liberals in 2002. Former Greens Member for Lyons, Tim Morris, said that he was very disappointed that he had not been able to hold the seat for the Greens.

“It is clear now that I was out-campaigned, particularly by the Liberals, on just about every aspect, and that even though I was not a part of the last government, I did support it, and I have paid a price for that support.” Mr Morris said.

“I have been privileged to spend almost 12 years representing the electorate of Lyons for the greens and I warmly thank all those who have supported me during this time. My highlights have been that I was able to be a key campaigner for the revitalisation of our railway, supporting the forests agreement and ensuring the stability of Tasmania’s government over the past 4 years.”

“I am also grateful that I have been able to have served the past 4 years as Deputy Speaker/Chair of Committees, a role that is important to the operation of the parliament, although almost invisible to the outside world.”

“I also acknowledge the professional and personal support of my office staff and as those at parliament, and the Greens parliamentary team. Over these last 12 years I have made friends with so many wonderful people who are so committed to making Tasmania such a beautiful place to live, I thank them all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment